Last ride from Varese: All new scenery - Italy and Spain - CycleBlaze

September 8, 2017

Last ride from Varese: All new scenery

Today we went in a different direction from all of the other rides. It was a lovely countryside ride with lots of short ups and downs which according to our guide don't qualify as climbs. We had coffee in the town of Angera on the south end of Lake Maggiore. Given that we are leaving tomorrow for Riccione we opted to stop our ride at the 70km mark and take the train back to Varese so we could pack the bikes and get our laundry done so it will be dry by morning. I mentioned that Ham and Sara went on their own adventure for her birthday, checkout the photo below. Tomorrow we head to the Belvedere in Riccione for a week but it appears we might be rained out on Sunday.

A view on Ancona across Lake Maggiore from Angera where we had coffee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The coffee stop in Angera.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sara on a walk St Bernard dogs in Switzerland. This was her part of her birthday present.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Three of the Victoria sisters waiting for the train to Varese.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the train.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In front of the hotel with our guide Stefano at the end of our week.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The crest for this family run hotel. They have done a great job for us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
All of us on the train platform. We really had to pedal hard to make our train, otherwise there was an hour wait.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My bike packed with the seat on, an added bonus.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Closing the box which for me is the hardest part because you have small window to get the anti crush pole in the right place.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the road today.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 71 km (44 miles)
Total: 445 km (276 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0