Bolzano/Bozen Day 2 - Fibonacci Scribble - CycleBlaze

June 9, 2022

Bolzano/Bozen Day 2

Another rest day to help us be ready for tomorrow, which could be the toughest day of the trip. We had our date with Ötzi yesterday so today we took the Ritter Seilbahn or Funivia del Renon up to the Renon plateau (der Ritten) above Bolzano. According to the ritten.com website, Ritten is “blessed with 300 sunny days a year.”  Today was one of the other 65.

The plan was to take the gondola up to Oberbozen and walk to Klobenstein, then take the narrow-gauge railway back to Oberbozen, stopping for coffee or lunch in one of those towns. We followed the plan pretty well, except that we didn’t find anywhere appealing for lunch in Oberbozen so we came back down and ate in a little restaurant close to our apartment. 

We are heading up there! I like how the town stops and the agriculture starts.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We thought we were going to follow route 35 but found ourselves on 15 ( which goes to the same destination).
Heart 1 Comment 0
Wolfsgrubener See. It was near here that we realized we’d missed a turn so had to backtrack a bit.
Heart 3 Comment 0
On the correct route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Recorded on Strava but I couldn’t figure out how to embed a map from Strava.
Heart 1 Comment 0
View from the gondola.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Looking down at Bozen and its muddy Eisack River.
Heart 4 Comment 0
This prosperous-looking village may be Signat, known for wine. It looked very compact and timeless from above, with the exception of the swimming pool (I was slow so it’s barely visible as a turquoise splotch in the centre of the photo).
Heart 4 Comment 0

Afterward, we walked into the old town for coffee and dessert.

In Bozen/Bolzano
Heart 1 Comment 0
In Bozen/Bolzano. Al is the further-away fellow with a backpack, waiting for me again.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 0