Day 6: Redfish Lake to Stanley - Soaking It All In - CycleBlaze

June 19, 2020

Day 6: Redfish Lake to Stanley

We were both sufficiently beat from yesterday, and chose to make today as relaxed as possible. We awoke under frosty yet sunny skies, and lazily went about our morning routine before hitting the road to Stanley.

Awaking to a beautiful sky.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once in Stanley, we indulged in breakfast at the local cafe before cycling the mile or so out of town to Valley Creek Hot Springs. These pools were stunning. We basked in their warm waters under sunny skies, washing away all remnants of the cold days gone by.

Stanley, Idaho. My favorite town along the route, and one of the prettiest towns I've ever been to.
Heart 6 Comment 0
The hot springs just a half mile outside of Stanley. In my opinion the most picturesque and best spring of the route thus far. Caleb and I were both amazed that no one else came by in the hour that we were there.
Heart 4 Comment 0

Once sufficiently soaked (and slightly sunburned), we ventured back into town and resupplied at the general store. The next few days on the route are likely to be the most remote, as we pass through the aptly named "Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness." Once we had everything packed up, we grabbed some ice cream before then heading to the lodge 4 miles out of town.

On the way to the lodge.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Bikepacking is proving to be much more physically demanding than road touring, thus the reason we splurged for a night at this beautiful lodge. We were able to wash up and get some rest as we prepared ourselves for the next push into the wilderness.

As nice as camping is, it'll be nice to have a solid roof over our heads for the night.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 15 miles (24 km)
Total: 256 miles (412 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0