Day 12 - Sparwood to Pincher Creek Super 8 - Idaho to Glacier National Park via Canada - CycleBlaze

August 12, 2018

Day 12 - Sparwood to Pincher Creek Super 8

Left a pleasant Sparwood RV Park in the early AM and stopped in to visit the "Worlds Largest Truck" before heading south east towards the Alberta border. The climb to Crowsnest pass was moderate. We then passed several nice vistas and lakes as we dropped out of the mountains into more prairie like surroundings. We opted to take a secondary road (507), leading us past the Beaver Mines junction and on to Pincher Creek. Less traffic on this road but it was a long hot ride through some wind and torturous rollers. We got a room at the Super 8 and enjoyed some AC. Had pizza next door. We'd been looking for an open pizza place for the last 300 miles!

Of course we had to stop in on the World's Largest Truck
Heart 1 Comment 0
My those are big wheels you have
Heart 2 Comment 0
We'll be on the lookout for Wild Rose, apparently Alberta is her country
Heart 0 Comment 0
This section of Alberta highway has nice vistas with a pretty good shoulder.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Backside of the mountains, a little smokey but nice views today
Heart 2 Comment 0
Pass passed through the site of the "Frank Slide". A catastrophe occurred here in 1903 when half a mountain collapsed on a sleeping mining town.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Mountains have now been replaced by a prairie, did I miss the memo?
Heart 0 Comment 0
We'd had Pizza on the brain for 300 miles and finally found an open place. Quick work was made of this one.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Tonights Des ti atio n
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 62 miles (100 km)
Total: 491 miles (790 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0