Things for small minds to ponder: Mind The Gap - I'm your Huckleberry - CycleBlaze

July 26, 2016

Things for small minds to ponder: Mind The Gap

There are a lot of things to like about The Brits. Sure, they talk funny and drive on the wrong side of the road, but they do tea very well, and their trains have someone walking down the center isle with food carts; what's more, they call those carts trolleys! How can you not like that?

But what really sets them apart from the U.S., transportation wise, is what happens beFORE you get on the train.

"Mind The Gap" is so much better than America's lame attempt at warning us not to jump in front of moving trains.

"Stay behind yellow line."? Come on America! That is just stupid! It's weird, its no where near catchy and I'm not even sure it's a complete sentence.

We can do better! It's one thing to lose to them at tea. Most Americans couldn't care less about tea. But things are starting to add up. We can't let them be better than us at more than two things. It's just wrong!

When Trump is president I hope his political platform includes an initiative to change all of our "Stay Behind Yellow Line" signs to "Mind The Gap." At least that is one thing he will do right.


This is terrible. A national disgrace. As much as I hate to admit it, the Brits have bested us with "Mind The Gap"
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 11 miles (18 km)
Total: 1,318 miles (2,121 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0