Views at the Canberra end: Parliament House precinct pics - House to House Sitting on a Thorn - CycleBlaze

May 18, 2011

Views at the Canberra end: Parliament House precinct pics

The beginning of the House to House route is the hub of Australian Government and one of the most visited buildings in Australia. And for good reason...it is an outstanding building.

Parliament House Canberra Australia. This is the beginning of the House to House tour. The end of this ride, the Sydney Opera House, is approx. 400 km from here on a cycling route of mostly backroads and bike-ways through a diversity of highland, coastal, rural and urban landscapes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Parliament House: A closer look
Heart 0 Comment 0

With a few turns of the pedals, a number of other 'must see' institutions are within a few minutes easy, downhill cycling from Parliament House.

Questacon - The National Science and Technology Centre. A 'must see' Canberra attraction.
An easy, downhill bike ride from Parliament House. About four minutes away.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The National Library of Australia. Next to Questacon.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Australian National Gallery is only about five minutes ride from Parliament House
Heart 0 Comment 0
The National Portrait Gallery is about 200 metres from the Australian National Gallery.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Looking across Lake Burley Griffin to the Parliamentary precinct. The precinct is packed with great places and it is best seen by bike or on foot.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Heading across the lake and on the way to Sydney, its only about ten minutes ride to the National Museum of Australia. Then on to Canberra City Centre.

The National Museum of Australia.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Only 15 minutes cycling on bike path from Parliament House is Canberra city centre
Heart 0 Comment 0
The exit route from Canberra to Sydney. Straight along the Northbourne Ave bike lane and onto the Federal Highway.The beginning of this ride will follow the signs to Goulburn until the Bungendore Road turnoff. My House-to-House ride will by-pass Goulburn by riding through Bungendore, Tarago and Bungonia.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is a good map to have if you are cycling in Canberra and the ACT region. Available from bike shops and online.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This guide is helpful if you are planning an extended cycling stay in Canberra
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0