What Has Gidget Got To Do With This? - Grampies Go Hawaiian Winter 2014 - CycleBlaze

September 21, 2014

What Has Gidget Got To Do With This?

As the Grampies go Hawaiian, they are following in the (bare) footsteps of Gidget. Gidget went Hawaiian in the (for people our age) recent (1961) movie Gidget Goes Hawaiian. Gidget got her start in the 1959 California surf epic "Gidget", and moved on to Hawaii as a sequel.

The tag line for "Hawaiian" was "Get Happy! Get with it! Beach-Parties! Luau-Feasts! Surf-Boarding! Hula-Dancing! Have yourself a Hawaiian holiday when..."Gidget Goes Hawaiian". So this is where Gidget and the Grampies part company a bit, because the staid old cyclists are not quite into beach parties and surf boarding (though you might get us out to a Luau feast). On the other hand, a reviewer of the Gidget DVD for sale on Amazon noted that this was something for when one has "nothing better to do, so lets have a giggle" .

With the rainy west coast winter approaching, maybe that is what the Grampies are up to as well.

But watch out, the sequel to this sequel was the 1963 Gidget Goes to Rome. Within the year, the Grampies plan to follow Gidget there too. So maybe Gidget is actually our new guru!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0