A Little More (or less) on DaBrim - Grampies Go Hawaiian Winter 2014 - CycleBlaze

November 4, 2014

A Little More (or less) on DaBrim

To review (from the previous page) we received two DaBrim Classic helmet visors in the mail, and felt they could be too cumbersome to carry on tour. So we arranged for DaBrim to send us two of their "Sporty" model.

In a great display of efficiency, the Sportys arrived at our Seattle door almost before we did. So now we can offer the following comparison photo:

In the tradeoff between protection and bulk, we think the Sporty is the winner. So we will give it a try, and see whether we can get along with it, and benefit from the shade, or whether it is just too much of a bug anyway. Stay tuned...

Heart 0 Comment 0

p.s. Trish Graham writes that Ken found it to be too much of a bug. On the other hand, it looks like Timothy Tower really likes his Sporty. About Timothy - he pictures himself wearing the "pastel" design, that we branded as "girly". But there is nothing even slightly girly about Timothy, and he makes the thing look good. On the other hand, in his Camino Santiago blog, he seems to be wearing a "fluorescent yellow". We have just written to him to get the story behind this apparent switch.

One last (first) thing: It seems every time we head out on a tour, we take one last look at our beautiful blue green island, take a photo, and take 5 seconds to wonder why we are leaving again. So here is the photo, from the ferry headed to Tsawwassen. Why are we leaving? We have to get pedalling. We are turning into balloons!

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0