Still Getting Ready to Go - Grampies on the Go Summer 2011 - CycleBlaze

April 11, 2011

Still Getting Ready to Go

Today was supposed to be grandchild number three's due date. So far no phone call. Sure hope it comes soon so we can set off to visit the twins at the end of this week (in the car) with a light heart.

Instead of bicycling we have been working on closing up the gardens and organizing things around the house in preparation for our departure in (OMG) less than 3 weeks!!! I spent most of Saturday digging invasive weeds out of three perennial beds with a young friend who will be growing a garden here in our absence. (Thank you Sandra for the hours of hard work.) Sunday was clean the house and prepare an evening meal for family and friends, while today was back outside to dig more weeds, cover up unused garden beds and rototill the large main garden space that will not be used this year.

Still on the to do list are: prune raspberries, strawberries and blueberries, oh, and the apple trees; fix up fences that got trashed over the winter; move the sheep down to their summer pasture; pick up and clean up the piles of junk that seem to accumulate over the winter every year; try to figure out a way to keep the deer out of the raised beds; rototill and cover more not needed garden space; order firewood for next year; arrange the greenhouse for the 5 cats to live in while we are gone;........Oh dear-maybe we should forget the trip??? NOT A CHANCE-we will do what we can and leave the rest to take care of itself.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0