Day 106 Montreal: Walk and Eat (Repeat) - Grampies on the Go Summer 2011 - CycleBlaze

August 14, 2011

Day 106 Montreal: Walk and Eat (Repeat)

Amelia and I woke up early and spent some time taking pictures of ourselves in the mirror. We did some other activities, like going back to sleep, until the day's major activities could begin.

Making faces in the mirror
Heart 0 Comment 0

In downtown Montreal, unless (horrors) you have to go to work, the best activity is called walking and eating. That is, you walk to a place to eat, or to a market to buy fresh ingredients for cooking, or both.

This time we sallied out into the streets and headed for the restaurant called Passe Compose. There are accents on those e's, which of course make the words end with "eh". The words mean the "past tense", but actually the place is quite trendy.

Here is some random stuff we saw on the way:

The Vietnamese pagoda across the street
Heart 0 Comment 0
Graffiti painter
Heart 0 Comment 0
Graffiti
Heart 0 Comment 0

In the restaurant, $6 buys a smoothie, but it is good!

Josh examines his raspberry mango smoothie at Passe Compose
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had hung around home long enough to make this a lunch rather than a breakfast, but then we would have to study the menu:

It's a French restaurant so the menu looks like this. Go figure.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Instead we went for old breakfast favourites. The presentation of the dishes was pretty zippy.

Dodie's French toast
Heart 0 Comment 0
My eggs benedict
Heart 0 Comment 0

The rest of the day we just enjoyed being with Josh and Sabrina, Amelia and other friends.

Josh and Amelia
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sabrina, Josh and Amelia
Heart 0 Comment 0
Family portrait
Heart 0 Comment 0

In terms of getting out of here, this is where we are at. Purloator seems to want about $130 for each bike and maybe about the same for the BoBs, to ship it all to Victoria. Instead of paying that, we plan to cycle the 360 km to Schenectady, so as to put us and the bikes on Amtrak. That means we really do not have the time and strength to also cycle the 910 km to Gaspé. Instead we will go 560 km to Quebec City and back to Montreal. So that means we seem to be planning a 360+560=920 km extension of the trip. That's just as far as Victoria to Missoula. We must be "crazy"!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0