Cannes - Geneva South through the Western Alps - CycleBlaze

July 14, 2017

Cannes

Cannes

We started the day by getting up early and riding our bikes down the hill and along the waterfront road into Cannes. The staffed billeterie opened at 7 and we wanted to be there since the SNCF info people had said this was the place to go.

The woman we spoke to was very knowledgeable. We could not get onto a TGV but could take a series of regional trains. Would we like to leave Cannes around 7 or 9? Starting from Cannes with the 9:21 train to Marseilles would get us to Geneva at 8:00 p.m. Perfect! We bought our tickets and went to the beach.

The water was lovely. Why can't we have warm beaches at home? As our patch of shade started to shrink, we dressed and headed into the streets for lunch. Then it was time to ride back up to the campsite to cool off with a swim and hang out in the shade.

Our shady bit of beach
Heart 0 Comment 0
The beach at Cannes, 9:45 a.m.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The beach at Cannes, 11:15 a.m. We were on the early shift and had already left!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heading down the hill for dinner. This was about halfway, vertically-speaking, but we are still well above the shore level, where all the businesses are.
Heart 0 Comment 0

14 km, ascent 94 m, descent 96 m (but it felt like way more vertical than that!)

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 14 km (9 miles)
Total: 1,014 km (630 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0