Riva - The Grand Tour - 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 5, 2023

Riva

Our bikes are banished to the dungeon and we have a lazy day in Riva. It rains more or less all day long. It is just by chance that we have planned today as a rest day. It isn't a boring day, though. Daughter-in-law Dagi has been spending the past week in Pieve with friends. That's to the south and up in the hills from Limone. Today she is on her way home which involves a boat ride from Limone to Riva, a bus ride from Riva to Rovereto and a train ride from Rovereto to Munich. She messages me that she and Anne with whom she is traveling will have a bit of time before they catch their bus. We are at the ferry landing at two to meet them and they have enough time for us to have lunch together. 

Waiting for Dagi and Anne
Heart 6 Comment 0
There they are somewhere in the crowd.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Dagi's perspective of us waiting for them
Heart 2 Comment 0
Bad phone picture of us at lunch
Heart 3 Comment 3
Kathleen JonesI love the smiles.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Kirsten KaarsooLooks like everyone is enjoying themselves.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Rachael AndersonThat’s great you get get together with them!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Heart 2 Comment 0

We had a fun if short time together, much to tell and many laughs. What a serendipitous day.

Now we are rested and prepared for the steep climb out of Riva on our way to Trento where we are finally meeting up with the Andersons. Weather report for tomorrow is good.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Patrick O'HaraGood luck on that steep climb! Susanna and I remember it well!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
ann and steve maher-wearyWasn’t that a lovely meet up.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago