Obernai market: Picnic πŸ₯ͺ🍺🍷 - France - CycleBlaze

May 24, 2018

Obernai market: Picnic πŸ₯ͺ🍺🍷

Another bike ride to the market for veggies, meat and cheese for a picnic lunch and dinner tonight. Hilary and Christopher had to return their bikes in Barr on the way back so I rode home and then drove back to pick them up. It was a short ride but longer than expected due to WAA time. (Wandering Around Aimlessly). After we all cleaned up we drove up to the Andlau waterfall for a picnic lunch in the sunshine. We were lucky with the weather because one of the regularly occurring afternoon thunderstorms rolled in about 5PM. It did not last long but there was lots of rain, lightning and thunder.

We stopped at the ginger bread house in the village of Gertwiller on the way to the Obernai market.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Gingerbread people.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Work is being done on the church steeple just to make sure the bells keep ringing through the day and night.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This winery in our village that dates back to 1613 was just repainted this week.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Back packs with water bottle holders also hold beer.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Walking up to the waterfall picnic site.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mr Darcy came to the picnic.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rapids in the Andlau river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our picnic site beside the river
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying our picnic complete with beer and wine of course.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The waterfall.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hilary, Christopher and me exiting the House of Spiced Bread with our goodies.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A lovely rainbow after the storm.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 31 km (19 miles)
Total: 250 km (155 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0