Last ride in Andlau: 🚵‍♀️🚴🏽‍♀️ - France - CycleBlaze

May 25, 2018

Last ride in Andlau: 🚵‍♀️🚴🏽‍♀️

Since H and C turned in their rental bikes yesterday they decided to go to a professional women’s tennis tournament in Strasbourg. This tournament is a warm up for the upcoming French Open for which they also have tickets. Ron decided to go as well rather than cycle with Carol and me. We tackled the big hill again and added a little more distance since we were on our own and it was a beautiful sunny day. The climb of 15km was the same as the other day but having ridden the route before the downhill was more fun. We returned to Andlau by a different route extending it by 20 km over the previous route. In the end we rode 66km with 3000ft of climbing. We had a lovely coffee stop in Villé and lunch in Dambach-la-Ville which is my favorite village so far but I know there are nicer to come. The sun was shining and it was even a little hot but we did not mind. This was our last ride from Andlau, tomorrow we relocate to Strasbourg to catch up with some cycle friends from BC and AZ to begin a group tour of the Alsace.

A valiant effort was made to determine our favourite Reisling and Crémant but in the end these were the winners. The Crémant is especially delightfully refreshing.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We passed these cute fellows resting in the grass.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Carol going by the donkeys.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Close to the top of the climb with the route we followed down below.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A second time at the Col du Kreuzweg.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We have spend a good bit of time riding the D425.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Coffee stop in Villé complete with the house speciality, Millefeuille.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bike, vines and castle a common site.
Heart 0 Comment 0
While stopped for a photo these big guys came to say hi.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A lovely wood carving beside city hall in Dambach-la-Ville.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some of the lovely buildings in Dambach-la-Ville.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hôtel de Ville or city hall.
Heart 0 Comment 0
An old grape press now a town decoration.
Heart 0 Comment 0
You still see roses planted at the end of rows of vines.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My best stork nest photo, note the little ones.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Strasbourg tennis semi-finals.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our final dinner in Andlau began with a drink on the terrace of this delightful Crémant.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My veal dinner complete with Alsacian noodles (Spaetle) and a Beaujolais.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Christopher’s ice cream dessert.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 66 km (41 miles)
Total: 316 km (196 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0