Dijon to Beaune: Our last ride - France - CycleBlaze

June 9, 2018

Dijon to Beaune: Our last ride

After visiting the market this AM we made our fInal ride to Beaune. Before beginning our final leg of the combined Alsace/Burgundy tour I wandered the streets of Dijon following the Owl’s Trail. The cycling concluded with a gentle ride form Dijon to Beaune giving us lots of time to pack up including my bike into it’s box. This is a bit of a nuisance because I only have to unpack it again tomorrow but it did give me a chance to give it a good clean. Once again we rode the Route des Grands Cru passed some of the most famous and expensive vineyards in France. We had our final group dinner in a lovely restaurant in a former wine cave. Off to Toulouse.

A watch tower on Rue de la Liberté
Heart 0 Comment 0
The mustard store again
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jardin Darcy. Who knew Mr Darcy had his own garden in Dijon.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The covered market in Les Halles that dates back to 1873.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The facade of the Notre Dame cathedral
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the many gargoyles on the church facade
Heart 0 Comment 0
This owl on the wall of the Notre Dame is not only the symbol of Dijon but considered a good luck charm. Rub it with your left hand (closest to the heart) for good luck, I did.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Very large blue lobsters at the market.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fresh strawberries.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fresh lettuce in the market.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The unique water fountain in Liberation Square.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A bronze in front of a town hall dedicated to wine growing in the region.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The fountain lights up at night with ever changing colours.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Passing by the grand cru vineyards. We all wore our Canada jerseys and once again we heard many cries of ”Vive le Canada”.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The wine business must be good to own a chateau like this one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Since we went to the market we decided to have one more picnic. This was our wine for lunch., the best we had in Burgundy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Apparently what makes these vineyards the best is the perfect combination of soil and sun for optimal growing conditions.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One more great dessert fir those who had it.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 km (27 miles)
Total: 853 km (530 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0