Puerto Natales: Sorting out the ferry - The fourth step ... Patagonia etc - CycleBlaze

February 22, 2018

Puerto Natales: Sorting out the ferry

It took a little while but I managed to get our tickets for the ferry back to Puerto Montt sorted out this morning. The Navimag ferry offices, situated at the bus station above the town and not at the ferry port, had problems with their credit card machine but there is a travel agent in Manuel Bulnes Street called Turismo Comapa that is also able to issue tickets. So that is where I headed and once there I got what we needed promptly and professionally.

The information about Turismo Comapa came from Adam Glover who has spent the past three years cycling from Alaska to Patagonia to raise money/awareness for asthma suffers (see https://adamglovercyclingalaskatoargentina.wordpress.com) via the Asthma Foundation (http://asthmafoundation.org.nz/?s=adam+glover). He is a genuine decent bloke and it was great to be able to chat to him. He leaves tomorrow on the last leg of his journey - Ushuaia!

So far we have only met three folk traveling north who have cycled the whole way from Ushuaia. The highest profile one was Alee Denham of Cycling About fame (https://www.cyclingabout.com) and the other two were a couple of French guys earlier oin this week. Adam, however, is the only person whom we have met who is on the brink of doing a complete cycle through the length of the Americas.

Now that we have our tickets sorted we will spend the rest of the time until Monday working, resting and hopefully doing some bird watching.

Adam Glover
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 8 km (5 miles)
Total: 1,789 km (1,111 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0