Casablanca: A day to forget - The fourth step ... Patagonia etc - CycleBlaze

April 10, 2018

Casablanca: A day to forget

We were woken up by a small earth tremor this morning. The building shook and creaked for about thirty seconds but it didn't seem to bad so we didn't even get out of bed. I guess it was an omen for how the rest of the day panned out because we had great plans for today and none of them worked out.

First item on the agenda was a visit to a winery. The one we had selected and cycled out to, Vina Casas del Bosque, couldn't help us without us waiting for another hour. They had a tour in progress had to be completed before any wine tastings could be done.

After cycling back into town and checking the route to Casa Botha, I tried to call them to make sure we could get a table but their answering machine just disconnected the call. Maps.me showed a route of about fourteen kilometers to the restaurant - the direct route along the highway was out of bounds. It turned out that most of the back roads Maps.me suggested were on private property and so the ride to the restaurant was a bit more than twenty kilometers. As luck would have it, the restaurant was closed. It was now almost three o'clock in the afternoon and we were we were both thirsty and very hungry. We crossed over the freeway to Vinas Mar. They seemed very pleased to see us but their restaurant was also closed. It seemed that Mondays and Tuesdays are the off days for restaurants in the area.

So it was a hungry slog back into Casablanca and a late lunch of grilled chicken and marraqueta from the local Unimark.

Today's ride: 46 km (29 miles)
Total: 2,933 km (1,821 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0