Day 110: St. Pierre to North Sydney - Four Corners of Canada - CycleBlaze

September 22, 2010

Day 110: St. Pierre to North Sydney

It was a pretty easy day today. There were some big hills at the start, but then it leveled out. The only tough part were the three construction sites. They had a flagman with a lead car. I had to sprint to keep up with them. But, it all worked out OK.

I got to the ferry quite early, so I had some time to kill. I found a funny article in the paper about the Canso Causeway yesterday. It seems that they had to escort some vehicles across. There was an interview with an Ontario couple who were afraid to cross. They should have tried it on a bike.

The ferry boards sometime after 9:00 PM, and leaves at 10:30 PM. I have booked a dormitory bed, so I should be well rested when the ferry arrives in Port-aux-Basque Newfoundland 7:00 AM tomorrow morning.

While waiting for the ferry, I met up with Jarrod, a fellow cyclist who is from Isle Madame. He is going over to Port-aux-Basque to take pictures of boats and then returning on the next overnight ferry. He has traveled on this ferry several times, so he was able to show me the routine.

End point:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=46.21235,-60.246&ll=46.21235,-60.246&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The ferry going to Port-aux-Basques.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 102 km (63 miles)
Total: 13,372 km (8,304 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0