Sukhothai Historical Park - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

March 20, 2016

Sukhothai Historical Park

We had a wonderful morning at Sukhothai Historical Park, which we visited when we were here 5 years ago. It was probably even more enjoyable the second time around.

Probably the key to that was that we left Gardenhouse at about 6:10am which meant we were in the ruins soon after sunrise and long before the heat or tour busses arrived.

Wat Mahathat
Heart 0 Comment 0
Wat Mahathat
Heart 0 Comment 0
Wat Mathathat
Heart 0 Comment 0
I loved this chedi with the elephants 5 years ago, and enjoyed as much this time around.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We took a detour home via the canal. The countryside is much drier than when we were here in July 2011. At that time the rains had already started and it was much greener and wetter (and quite a bit cooler).

Although I only recorded 38 kays for the day, it was closer to 45 with all the messing around in Old Sukhothai. I'm a keeping a log of the total bike travel while on CGOAB I am only recording the actual "journeys", be they from one town to the next or day trips like this one. Our total for the 11 days in Thailand so far is 455 kilometers, just over 40 a day on average.

Today's ride: 38 km (24 miles)
Total: 453 km (281 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0