Nha Trang tourist stuff - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

May 20, 2016

Nha Trang tourist stuff

A late start to a tourist day in a tourist town.

We started off by cycling the short distance to the Champa ruins at Po Nagar. On the way we stopped off for some pho bo just north of the river, at which point the toruist town ends and the real Nha Trang starts.

Po Nagar was chock a block with tourists so we slunk off into the gardens to do some birdwatching which prompted the staff to turn the irrigation system on. Oh well, back to the temple stuff.

Po Nagar
Heart 0 Comment 0
Wearing my temple dress
Heart 0 Comment 0

We then went up to the Buddhist temple at Long Son near the station. For the first time in Vietnam, indeed on this trip, we faced aggressive scammers, the guys manning an unofficial parking lot. The temple itself was being renovated but it gave a nice comparison with what we have seen in Theravada Buddhist countries. Interestingly, the Sanskrit swastika appears all over the temple and surrounds. We have noticed it used on many of the graves as we have tarvelled southwards.

Feet of reclining Buddha with swastika
Heart 0 Comment 0

Later this afternoon we spent a while looking for the Futa Bus Company's offices. The correct address is 7 Hoang Hoa Tham Street.

Today's ride: 17 km (11 miles)
Total: 3,114 km (1,934 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0