Song Cau to Tuy Hoa then by train to Nha Trang - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

May 19, 2016

Song Cau to Tuy Hoa then by train to Nha Trang

Today's plan was to cycle to Tuy Hoa and catch the train to Nha Trang where we plan to spend a couple of nights before catching the bus up to Da Lat.

I think Leigh is getting used to starting the day with a bit of a climb. Today was no different but the route soon smoothed out.

We had a banh mi for first breakfast and were hoping to find the same after about twenty kilometers but ended up up having bánh bao with some pork chops because that was all there was. Certainly more than we needed. Even so, we had another plate of com ga once we reached the station in Tuy Hoa.

bánh bao with pork chops
Heart 0 Comment 0

The price of the train tickets was 61K each and 22K for each bicycle. This gives you a "hard seat" ticket - all that is available. Our fellow passengers were quite entertaining - loud, loquacious and not at all shy. We had some squeezing into our seats to take photos of the coastline and selfies of themselves with us.

View from the train window
Heart 0 Comment 0

Nha Trang is a bit of a tourist trap, particularly when compared to Quy Nhon, with a lot of the signs (and menus) in Russian. All rumours of it being a Russian resort seem to be true.

Today's ride: 64 km (40 miles)
Total: 3,097 km (1,923 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0