Sakatah Singing Hills Trail - PedalPushin “The Final Two” 2023 - CycleBlaze

September 26, 2023

Sakatah Singing Hills Trail

We knew the day would come and it is now, our last ride of this adventure. 

The last ride of this trip
Heart 0 Comment 0

The Sakatah Singing Hills Trail called our name today despite the gloomy weather when we woke up. We commented several times it might be easier to go home if the weather wasn’t going to be nice. Not sure if we meant that given it was 25 degrees at home this morning. Here fall is knocking on the door, at home winter is screaming loudly, “sooner than you want!”

A little more changing of the season
Heart 2 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltSumac is becoming spectacularly bright this time of year!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago

But we unloaded the trikes for one last ride and we had the trail to ourselves, 42 miles of long and straight with very little elevation change. Fortunately the trail was in great shape and very scenic and the miles just flew by. Before we knew it, we had made the turn around point and back west we went. 

Straight and scenic
Heart 0 Comment 0

After getting back to the rental, we attempted to pack the trikes but the weather decided to rain on us so we just reloaded and drove about 20 miles down the road where we found a dry parking lot by a town playground. The process went quite smoothly, must be the extensive practice and previous trips, and we were on our way back to Minneapolis to spend one last night before our flight home tomorrow. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 901 miles (1,450 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
marilyn swettI've really enjoyed following your journal. It's given me lots of ideas of trails to ride when we start our trailer traveling next year. Thanks for posting!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Larry MitchellYou are most welcome! Being able to use the rental van to quickly get from one trail to another let us pick some good ones.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago