Staying another day at Stadt Hotel Dormagen: Mary Ellen recovering and thunderstorms - Exploring Holland, Germany and Denmark on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 25, 2013

Staying another day at Stadt Hotel Dormagen: Mary Ellen recovering and thunderstorms

We wisely decided to stay another night here. The hotel is comfortable, good breakfast, great internet and the owner Boris and Rene are most helpful. We are glad that we took the recommendation of people at a local cafe and came here.
Mary Ellen is doing better but still recovering so we decided to stay and get better. As fate will have it, there was a massive thunderstorm and downpouring of rain in the afternoon. From the dry safety of our room, we were glad that we hadn't moved on.
While Mary Ellen rested, Barry spent an enjoyable evening with Boris the owner, his cousin Ingo, Rene and Christian in the pub downstairs. He had a great time.

It seems that bad weather will continue for a few days - more thunderstorms tomorrow and Sunday, so we're debating about how to handle our next stop, Koln. It seems wise to book a place to stay rather than a campground. We'll see.
Also, our trailer has developed a minor problem. We are awaiting word back from Radical Designs before we move on.
It feels like travel is a bit complicated at the moment, but I'm sure that when we both feel healthy, that all will be manageable.
The good news is that we unwittingly chose a good place to stay and that we will leave here with more memories that we will cherish.

Ingo,Rene,Christian and Boris
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0