Lodging list. - Exploring northwest and central Colorado with a bit of Wyoming thrown in - CycleBlaze

Lodging list.

Meeker - Elk Run Motel - 970-878-3656. Right in the center of town. We've stayed here before. No breakfast.

Rangely - Blue Mountain Suites - 970-675-8888. On the edge of town next to the grocery. It's a very small, poorly stocked grocery. Better to go to the Family Dollar. The motel is a real gem. Swimming pool, laundry, etc. Huge room. Hot breakfast. I do like the good life. We have stayed at the only other place in town before, the Moose. Don't stay there. It isn't clean.

Dinosaur - Terrance Motel - 970-986-6252. It's the only game in town. 9 rooms. Small, but has all we want. No breakfast.

Craig - Trav-O-Tel Motel - 970-824-8171. $57. A great price for what we got. Don't be afraid because it's the cheapest place in town. There are several big name motels at the highway intersection that don't have good reviews. They are also a long way from any food. No breakfast.

Baggs, WY - We originally had reservations at the Bobcat Inn. The owner was very friendly and said she'd fix us a homemade breakfast at any hour we wanted. That sounded lovely. Then I went to check in. Let's just say it wasn't for me. #1 was no air in the rooms or fans either - on a 98 degree day. There was a swamp cooler if we left the room door open. Bathrooms were down the hallway on the opposite end of the building. We ended up at the Cowboy Inn. $30 more and no breakfast, but the room was very large with AC, fridge, microwave, TV, etc. It doesn't always pay to be cheap. No breakfast.

Riverside, WY - Spirit West River Lodge. 307-327-5753. A nice, upscale place for our day off. Great breakfast included. Wi-fi is good in the main building. But if you are in the main building, you don't have a TV, fridge, or microwave.

Walden, CO - Chedsey Motel.970-723-8201. Large room, all of the necessities. We've been lucky this trip on getting large rooms. No breakfast.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0