Sainte Colombe to Montbrun les Bains: Clafoutis Country - French Alps 2017 - CycleBlaze

May 30, 2017

Sainte Colombe to Montbrun les Bains: Clafoutis Country

This is my first blog and there is a learning curve that I am climbing. I am still seeking a balance of time to spend updating the blog. So, I will put photos up as placeholders and will fill in with stories as time permits. Our morning petit dejeuner was the best yet. Our host, Coco, served us everything we could possibly want and then asked if we would like her to make us a crepe. Bien sur!! Joining us for breakfast were a Brazilian and a Dutch man. Both were aiming to climb Mt. Ventoux today. The weather was going to be perfect for them. We had a convivial time over breakfast, each of us doing our best in a foreign language. We rode to the summit of Mt Ventoux 2 years ago so it's not on our radar this year. Soon it was time to part ways, so we packed up and headed down the hill.

We have moved into the cherry capital of France. The trees are dripping cherries.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Morning view of Mt Ventoux as we rode through the cherry orchards.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Gorge de la Nesque is a stunning and not too strenuous ride
Heart 0 Comment 0
There were several small tunnels along the gorge route. There were more cyclists than cars.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The views across the gorge were more spectacular by the minute. The road we had just completed is visible in the distance
Heart 0 Comment 0
This bowl is massive. It makes you curious about the stories in those rocks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After lunch in Sault, we rode downhill 12k to Montbrun les Bains. Our room is right next to the church
Heart 0 Comment 0
No cars are allowed in this medieval village, Montbrun les Bains.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The 'roads' here are original. Leave your stilletos at home!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 km (31 miles)
Total: 480 km (298 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0