Rest day in Honfleur - A tour of France, and Portugal - CycleBlaze

August 28, 2014

Rest day in Honfleur

We decided to take a rest day in Honfleur, for a few reasons. One, we needed it, two, Ron is coming down with a cold (he says its a 24 hour cold, but I have yet to see one of those), three, we need to make a plan if we are going to see all we want to see, and get to Lisbon before Christmas.

Honfleur is definately a nice place to hang out for an extra day. It is very popular with artists, (it has the third most art galleries in all of France, and it is a popular destination with the Parisian jet set. The Saint Catherine Church here, is the longest surviving wooden church in France. Explorers like, Samual de Champlain, (founder of Quebec), set sail out of Honfleur.

While Ron taking care of his cold,I took a lovely walk up the hill to explore Notre Dame de Grace church. Great views, but I accidently, deleted these photos.

After a great day of exploring the lovely, narrow cobblestone streets, with interesting shops, and patisseries, we had an excellent dinner a felt rested for a new day of biking.

One of the many art galleries in Honfleur. We could have bought this for around 56,000EU, but fortunately, it was too heavy for the bike.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nice courtyard in one of the hotels
Heart 0 Comment 0
Merry Go Round on the harbour
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beautiful Honfleur harbour
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Les Bicyclettes Restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel, and it was one of our best meals.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Don't jump! Your cold will be better soon!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our hotel in Honfleur. Great location, and quaint. There are many definitions of "quaint"'. Actually, it was pretty good.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0