Day 52 - Doyle-Baker ride the Southern Tier - CycleBlaze

April 14, 2018

Day 52

Quincy, Fl. to Lloyd, Fl

Miles:   46.2               Elevation:   1371Ft.      Flats: 0    destroyed kickstand : 1 

We have been so fortunate with weather along our journey. Today is day 8 of riding, we need a day of rest and like asked for tomorrow we are to receive heavy rain storms in the afternoon and evening so we will take that much needed day off. Sorry to all those riders who must press forward, be safe and stay dry. Riding from Quincy we soon found ourselves riding through Tallahassee, the capital  of Florida. It wasn't too bad as the city has actually designated share the lane ,with bikes lanes throughout much of the city. unfortunately it was quite busy with some big football game at the university stadium and with traffic constant I could  not stop to take photographs. Eventually we did make it through the city proper and onto Old Saint Augustine Rd. with its canopy trees, shared bike lanes, many hills to climb and lovely shade. We passed big beautiful plantation  designed homes and newer subdivisions.  Temperatures were in the high 80's when we met up with George at the Econo Lodge in Lloyd so most of us welcomed the end of our ride and AC of the bus. 

smile Jeff, these are beautiful shaded canopy roads
Heart 0 Comment 0
who needs bike locks when you can tape your bike to a pole?
Heart 1 Comment 1
Mike Montgomerydarn it, I brought my bolt cutters but forgot my scissors.
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
we left our bikes with George and drove to find a place to stay, lots of little league soccer going on so difficult to find lodging, we finally do , drive up and what do we find but 4 police cars and an ambulance, oh, oh this does not instill confidence in our choice of lodging!
Heart 0 Comment 1

Today's ride: 46 miles (74 km)
Total: 2,485 miles (3,999 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Mike MontgomeryReally? 3999 km, couldn't squeeze in one more for the home team?
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Mike MontgomeryTo Mike Montgomery280 more meters , (three football fields) would have been 3999.5 km which of course any reasonable person would round to 4000 km, maybe not LB though.
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Martha ColeSo did they finally find the perp they were looking for?
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Donna DoyleTo Martha ColeNope, we hid Jeff in the motor home! :)
Reply to this comment
6 years ago