Day 51 - Doyle-Baker ride the Southern Tier - CycleBlaze

April 13, 2018

Day 51

Chipley to Quincy, Fl

miles:      66.                      Elevation 1721 ft              Flats:  0 

A day of surprises for George and by association for we riders.  A long ride planned for today and we were up early and walked over to The Waffle House , quickly becoming Jeff's favorite breakfast place when not provided by the motel. Back at the bus after breakfast George informs us that he has a leak in the Bus (SAG wagon) gas tank. He had only the day before put in 250 gallons of diesel fuel.  Tim and George checked it out and noted it was not a huge leak, put on a patch but unfortunately the patch only slowed it a bid. George now would have to seek out a way to repair this gas tank. He reassured us that he could and sent us on our way, unsupported. We knew we could do the day unsupported but one does get "spoiled" when you have such a terrific Sag system in place. 

Sun shiny day with temperatures in the low 80's by afternoon. Our route took us through some beautiful back roads with decent shoulders. We also encountered a time change and now find ourselves back in Eastern Time Zone.  Beautiful rivers and lush green trees added to our enjoyment. 

In Quincy we check into the Horseshoe Cabins, were able to order Pizza for dinner as we were without a car and no one wanted to ride 5 miles into town to eat. George arrived at Quincy sometime around 8 with tales to share, much to long and involved to include here, but in summary all was fixed and he is good to go tomorrow. 

Oh, oh trouble is brewing under the bus!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rode through familiar sounding places today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Shaded, quiet back roads with quaint churches along the way
Heart 0 Comment 0
Crossing the Apatachicola River bridge , not advisable to walk on the old train track bridge:)
Heart 1 Comment 0
main street Chatahoochee where we ate lunch. We noticed some real effort at revitalization.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 66 miles (106 km)
Total: 2,439 miles (3,925 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0