Day Pat 8: The Day Where Everybody Wins - Down Pat - CycleBlaze

February 13, 2024

Day Pat 8: The Day Where Everybody Wins

When multiple players come to the table it's not always easy to find a solution where everyone wins and the timing works out nearly perfectly.  Well today was such a day.  As the sun went down it almost felt like it never happened.

I couldn't sleep much last night because I knew it was going to be a packed day.  True to form, I got up and ordered some breakfast at the Sananwan then got a motorcycle taxi to Home Pro on the main highway where I would order a ride to Pattaya.  The ride showed up late and then it took a mere two hours to get back there.  A bike ride would be closer to 7 or 8 hours and it has already been done countless times before.

Setting out
Heart 0 Comment 0

There was an accident along the motorway and the car had burnt to a crisp with only the metal casing remained.  It had to have been an explosion and it had just literally happened not long ago.  Now I was quite fortunate my ride was late.

Once at the agency, everything was proper and legit.  Unfortunately I was flustered and had forgotten my passport at the hotel.  No matter then, a copy could be used.  All other documents were copied and we ended up signing three contracts:  one for agency, buyer, and seller.  As it turns out the timing was perfect because the buyer was in town for today then leaving tomorrow whereas I would fly out on Thursday.  The selling price was higher than I asked for.  Even with hefty agent commissions, I'm still making about a 20% profit and the money will go into my Thai account.  The buyer ended up getting a discount because the price included repairs for the shower, painting, and various other work.  Best of all, the transfer fee was cheaper than planned for both parties.

We also negotiated that I would get a refund for the remaining year of the building common fees.  As well, I pushed hard to get compensation for the electricity meter and all the earlier bullshit that mess had entailed.

Then I went back to my condo and realized this *might* be the last time I set foot in it.  However, there will need to be another business trip for sure on March 4 when the buyer is back in town.  This is to finalize the paperwork and there's no getting out of this one.  Oh shucks.

Satisfied with all this, I got a taxi back to Bangkok and he dropped me off at the hospital.  There is still barely time on this trip to squeeze in my semi-annual health check and I booked an appointment for the next day.

I then told my boss the story and asked for time off work in advance, he agreed but on the condition that I help teach him trading and how to set up a brokerage account.  Done deal.

Speaking of which, I was astonished on the taxi ride back that one of my AI stocks was up 800%.  The reason is they had made a partnership with Nvidia and this deal was absolutely massive.  I regretted not pouncing on this earlier, as it had gone as high as 3500% overnight.  But for a 9x increase I didn't hesitate to put an order in to sell all my shares and realize a $5000 profit.  Sometimes you just have to call it.

This fact alone just added to how the whole day was like a dream seemingly out of this world.  

It felt like a huge weight off to have unloaded that condo.  This was the epitome of the minimalism philosophy and the grand conclusion.  In theory it's a no-brainer what's going to happen with the condo proceeds:  dump them into the stock market.  But it's a lot easier said than done.

I told the story to the guesthouse owners and the friend of one of them said, "Congratulations bro.  Now good luck getting the money out of the country."  Yeah, figured as much. It will certainly be an ordeal.  Having a Thai bank account does help no doubt, as 99% of other foreigners don't.

Then I recalled Siri and her group of friends I had met back in Khlon Hat.  Enter my own personal security detail.  A deal could be arranged over dinner for a security escort across the border and the money changed into US dollars at the casino.  But then could you trust them?  Who knows.  Maybe better not to even say I have a million baht on hand and just go with them for a casino trip and change the money secretly.

There are actually a lot more options and I'm not worried about it in the slightest.  In fact there's a very good chance I'm going to keep the money in Thailand anyway.

All said, a perfect day.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0