Short ride: Lunch in Seguret - Cycling Provence - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2017

Short ride: Lunch in Seguret

After a long ride yesterday and another planned for tomorrow I decided a short easy ride was in order today. It was a pleasant fairly flat 36km followed by lunch with tour mates in the town of Séguret. At the recommendation of our hotelier we went for lunch at Le Mesclun in the town of Ségunet a 10km taxi ride from Vaison la Romaine. We went with a couple from Roseburg Oregon to celebrate his birthday and with whom we have been riding. The meal was absolutely outstanding as was the Côte du Rhône wine. The restaurant is recognized in the Michelin guide so you know it has to be good. We enjoyed a leisurely 2 hour lunch on a beautiful terrace overlooking the countryside followed by a short walk around the village. A thunderstorm rolled in just as we're heading back to the hotel. A few of our group took the day off and took a cooking lesson, it sounded like lots of fun.

A panorama of the valley through which I rode today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view with the village of Cairanne in the distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Also had a goat fix.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The garden of 9 maidens is a poetic garden with 81 blocks of granite engraved with signs and texts in languages of the 9 European Cities of Culture. It was created in 1992 after a major flood of the river Ouvere that passes under the Roman bridge.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Closer view of one of the stones with writing, On our first day we rode by here and the locals were cleaning the stones and re-painting the faded ones.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch on the terrace with new friends.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kelly's salad called légumes, légumes et légumes or vegetables, vegetables and vegetables.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My lunch of pork in the pastry and potatoes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The chocolate desert.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My dessert of a fig cake, fresh fruit and lemon sorbet.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bell tower and fountain in Séguret.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The entrance to the restaurant
Heart 0 Comment 0
These amazing plain/sicamore trees planted in 1860 now creating a beautiful canopy for the parking lot.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 36 km (22 miles)
Total: 513 km (319 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0