More rest day - Cycling Provence - CycleBlaze

May 30, 2017

More rest day

After the market and a lovely salad lunch we both enjoyed a short nap. Later in the afternoon we went back to the lower town to look around because with the street market you really couldn't see anything. Vaison-la-Romaine is a very quaint town with everything one would need to stay here for a week or two (an idea is brewing). We finally discovered the Roman ruins that are here but we decided to leave a tour of them to another day. Instead we opted for a beer at a café in the town square. Dinner was not included tonight so we opted for salad and pizza.

With all of the street market dismantled I saw this great shop where a found a nice pair of cotton crops.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Roman ruins in town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Guess which beer is mine.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beer comes in 3 sizes le formidable, le baron and le demi. I just had to have the formidable (also formidable in English) just because of the name. Plus the look on the young woman's face when I ordered it was also worth the price. Too funny.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The beer brand is called La Cigale which are cicadas and a symbol for Provence.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Now this is how you do aerobics
Heart 0 Comment 0
Back up the hill one more time after dinner last night.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0