Welcome Joel - Country Roads - CycleBlaze

March 24, 2024

Welcome Joel

The other Country Roads tourer

It’s highly likely, but not yet 100% sure, that old friend and cycle touring mate Joel Krewaz will accompany me on this forthcoming tour.

Joel is one of the Friday Peloton mentioned previously and we’ve also done a couple of cycle tours together. One tour we completed was the particularly long ride … 3800 km… from Canberra to Perth a couple of years ago. So he’s an experienced cycle tourer. 

Joel is currently travelling in Taiwan and Japan with his wife but is due back in Australia a few days before 2 April, which should be ample time to throw a few things into his panniers and be ready to pedal. 

The second photo following is the most recent communication …a single photo… from Joel.

There wasn’t much detail other than a mention of ‘communal bathing’ which I gather is a popular activity for primates in Japan regardless of weather conditions.

EDIT & UPDATE:

Great news. Joel has returned to Australia and is now preparing to join me on the tour on Tuesday morning.

Joel on the “Against the Wind” tour we did from Canberra to Perth. He was the ideas man in the team. Here he is reducing the ride distance considerably.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Joel’s most recent travel photo. Conditions there are obviously quite a contrast to the autumn weather here.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0