Too Wet to Ride - Country Roads - CycleBlaze

April 5, 2024

Too Wet to Ride

Rest & Media Day

Blayney to Stuart Town. Hitched a Lift. 

The Weather Alerts which were issued yesterday turned out to be fairly accurate.  The wind and rain arrived early evening and continued throughout the night and most of today. It was an easy decision not cycle today. It’d have been unnecessary, uncomfortable and unsafe to riding on the open road today. 

And we were lucky to have an excellent alternative. My sister has a farm near Stuart Town and she offered to collect us and the bikes from Blayney her ute. Yes please. Much appreciated. So that’s where we are. Happily ensconced at my sister and brother-in-law’s warm house near Stuart Town which is en-route to where we are going.

On the way to the farm, we visited my 93 year old mum in Orange, and saw my daughter who was visiting. So it’s been a great day of family catch ups.

Before we left Blayney, I did an on-site interview at the caravan park cabin with the local TV news. Seven News. 

This ride to Brisbane is a fundraiser for the Australian Rural Leadership Foundation, and they’ve been very helpful supporting the fundraising administration, including contacting media. If all goes well, the interview should appear on tonight’s news.

And fingers crossed that the forecast for finer weather tomorrow.

The big picture. Eastern Australia is copping a drenching.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are under that green-blue area.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Seven News cameraman and interviewer Sam quizzing me about the fundraising ride.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Joel tying the bikes on my sister’s truck. We are very grateful for the lift to, and accommodation at my sister and brother-in-law’s farm tonight.
Heart 1 Comment 0
That’s Ivy. My daughter’s Staffy.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Angela NaefWe saw you on the local news tonight. Hope the weather improves tomorrow and you have a good ride!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Graham SmithTo Angela NaefHi Angela, I was very impressed with how professional the Seven News camera mam Sam was. And they did an excellent job editing.
Quite a few donations have been made because of the 7 news item.
And there was even a donation from Inner Mongolia… but not because of the news item. That’s the FaceBook effect.

Interestingly the cameraman is now interested in trying out cycle touring.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago