Financial Successes and Challenges - From the Compound to the World - CycleBlaze

Financial Successes and Challenges

As good as this trip was it cost a fortune.  It was worth it, as I now have an extensive network of bank accounts and credit cards worldwide.   Moreover this network was not easy to build.  As I learned all too clearly, it doesn't much for a financial institution to block your account.  International transactions raise a lot of eyebrows these days, let's just say.  And yet you still need to finance a tour.

Money is going to be very tight in the next few months from now until the end of June.  Also since I don't have a government pension, I rely on offshore investments in the markets.  These demand monthly premiums, just like a pension, and I'm behind on those thanks to the trip.

So basically it's hunkering down and budgeting very carefully.  There was an option to do another trip to the US this summer, specifically Hawaii, but financially it looks impossible.  One thing I learned over the years, if you don't have the available funds for a trip, don't do it.  Never rely on a credit card.

What is most likely going to happen is that I will start off in Thailand for the next trip in early July.  This will solve a lot of problems actually.  On a somewhat related note, I am investigating how to sell the condo in Pattaya which has been nothing but a headache.  Almost all the past Thai tours were in some way connected to this condo, whether it was the countless bike trips back and forth from Bangkok and Pattaya or dealing with issues on the road.  

Hopefully there will be some progress made on this front, but that's for another trip.  Until then I'm moving forward on all these new financial breakthroughs. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0