Laundry Day in Villach (Aug. 14, 2022) - CentralEurope - CycleBlaze

August 14, 2022

Laundry Day in Villach (Aug. 14, 2022)

A phone booth in Villach. Nature reclaiming that which we abandon!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today is our designated day for Dave to do laundry and for Jill to catch up on the journal. I am finding that I have a hard time doing the journal and catching up on emails — I am just too tired and the best time to work on things for me (morning at breakfast) does not work as well on days when we are anxious to get on the road.  So, this morning I was three days behind along with the need to do some emails on family matters going on back in the US. 

Well, Dave had the usual adventure at the waschsalon. Fortunately, his inability to figure out the washer (it was some weird deal where you press buttons on the wall across the room to operate the washer) was saved by the presence and helpfulness of this lovely fraulein! (Hopefully she didn't think he was some weird, creepy American). And, he was able to forward on her helpfulness when another couple came in with a large load of laundry from their Sprinter van and Dave was able to help them!

Dave ultimately got his panties in a  twist because …..of his panties? He showed up triumphantly at the hotel with a load of dry, clean laundry only to realize he had forgotten to include his underwear in the original wash!

The clueless American gets help from a friendly local.
Heart 4 Comment 1
Scott AndersonI may have to start spending more time in laundromats.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0