Acadia National Park - Bar Harbor to Boston - CycleBlaze

July 10, 2023

Acadia National Park

Passamaquoddy/Penobscot native lands

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
The surface of the tracks is crushed stone, very similar to the surface of the Erie Canal tow path.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Eagle Lake, no eagles were seen on this day.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Pond lilies
Heart 1 Comment 0
Yes, Walt was instructed why not to lay your bike over on the chain/mec side.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Picking wild blueberries. So tasty and sweet!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
The 14 stone bridges in Acadia NP were designed by architects, not engineers, and it shows in the details and curving designs. John D Rockerfeller Jr. was intrigal to the Carrage Tracks and bridges. No motorized vehicles have ever been allowed on the track save for today and the introduction of ebikes. To be noted, only the type 1 e-bikes are allowed on the Carrage Tracks. These are the pedal assist only with seemingly limited battery life, judging from the fair number of riders pedalling along while complaining of spent batteries.
Heart 5 Comment 0
John D Rockerfeller, Jr. He financed the Carrage Tracks that intertwine Acadia NP. He gave more of his fortune to philanthropy than his children received. Nonetheless his children seemed to have fared pretty well financially over the ensuing years.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 37 km (23 miles)
Total: 123 km (76 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0