Sightseeing in Tirana (toddler style) - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

April 22, 2023

Sightseeing in Tirana (toddler style)

Sightseeing with a toddler is a whole new experience. This is the first time we've been on holiday without a way to carry/contain Tobias and it means everything happens at a much slower pace. Where we used to be able to strap him into the front pack and walk until he needed to eat, we now have to stop and investigate all the identical holes in the pavement, and walk up and down every flight of stairs and along every ledge we pass. Instead of visiting museums, we tour playgrounds. 

This morning he biked about 1km to a new playground with lots of slides and a big ship,  then stopped for brunch at a pretty fancy cafe on the way home. Luckily the neighbouring table had a friendly pug dog which meant we could enjoy our coffee.

While Tobias slept we rigged up the trailer to fit his bike and the washing line, and made the last preparations to get packed and away tomorrow. Thankfully the washing machine is fixed so we didn't have to do any more hand washing.

After sleep we took our bikes out with Tobias up front to yet another playground by the lake then biked down to restaurant Era, a recommendation from a friend. Tobias is still working out the concept of restaurants. We explained the process to him - you tell the waiter what you want and they bring you some food, then later more food. We ordered and then every time he spotted our waiter walking around he said "meer eten" (more food). Our first ever dining out experience as a family involved one of us walking up and down the street in Paris with a screaming 6 week old, while the other scoffed their food. Things have gotten better since then.

All bags are (mostly) packed and we are all ready to head out tomorrow. We will head north, roughly following the eurovelo 8 route. We aren't exactly sure where we will stay tomorrow. Camping withing 40-50km doesn't seem to be much of an option so we have a couple of hotels lined up depending on how much ground we can cover once we are fully loaded up.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0