Novo Mesto - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

May 18, 2023

Novo Mesto

We had our first proper day off in a week, since our only other rest day since Mostar we biked up a big hill and walked around some lakes for the day. Thankfully it was not raining so we could get out and explore the city. It seemed very quiet with lots of the shops closed and not so many people about.

In the morning we headed up to the big church at the top of the hill in the old town then wound our way down the small houses perched on the cliff. In the afternoon we took the same route into town but stuck right and headed to Ragovski most and took the track through the park back. The lower trail was under water from all the recent rain. The original plan was to go up to the top of the hill in the park but Tobias was definitely taking his time on the bike today so we cut it short. He spent 20 minutes riding round and round the same tree. 

We were considering staying an extra night here, but we would have to change apartments and the laundry situation didn't work out, and we just feel like it's time to move on. So we are heading down the river for a short ride tomorrow to get the tent out for the first time in a few weeks. Then we'll take 3 days to ride the scenic route in to Ljubljana to meet our friends on Monday.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are putting Tobias to work helping with stretching.
Heart 3 Comment 0

 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0