Culles-les-Roches - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

August 1, 2023

Culles-les-Roches

Both Alex and Manue had the day off today so we had the whole day free in the village with then. Tobias was talking about playing with all the new toys from the moment he woke up and not really interested in doing anything else, including eating. 

In the morning Aliose showed us the cave up behind their house. It was a bit of a scramble carrying the two younger boys but Tobias was pretty excited about going in the tunnel. After Alex, James and I attempted to go on a walk with the two younger boys on the bikes. As usual with 2 year olds we ended up walking half the distance intended and carrying both bikes and kids by the end of it. We ventured down to the creek with a space for kids to play in the water and rocks.

Tobias was a bit of a cranky mess and refused to eat lunch until we took him upstairs away from all the toys where he cleaned his plate twice. Manue cooked us an amazing lunch - we are not used to having 2 hot meals a day. Its wonderful, when I'm not cooking. 

When Tobias woke up he and Flavien were immediately back to digging up the backyard, mowing the lawns, and generally just chasing each other around. We interrupted to go to a castle just down the road for a walk, and then Alex took us on a scenic (and perhaps a little ambitious for his little electric car) drive home. James and I enjoyed this. Tobias spent the time asking to go "back to the big house" to play with the mower.

We had another relaxed dinner and once the boys were done they played happily in the garden on the other side of the house and let us enjoy the evening on the balcony. Tobias and Flavien squashed into a baby bath to clean off the mud from all their excavations before they all went off to bed and I could work out where we were headed the next day while James and Alex played pool.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0