Weak at the sneeze - Being Alive - CycleBlaze

April 6, 2022 to April 7, 2022

Weak at the sneeze

Day 47 - near Casalmaggiore to Pegognaga

Today was very much of two halves. It was really misty when we left our campsite near the river, but the mist persisted all the morning! It kept looking like it would clear but then it would come back with a temperature drop to go with it. Freezing and misty at 11am, in Italy??

It did make for an unusual and spooky look!

Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 5 Comment 0
Unfortunately this dirt road into the forest was a dead end after a few kilometres.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Unfortunately the afternoon was less pleasant, especially for me. The mist cleared and the sun was shining, but my allergies went absolutely insane. I took a few antihistamines but I couldn't stop sneezing or my eyes running, etc.

We did stop in a nice town with an enormous square. You can stop in any town in Italy and almost be guaranteed a beautiful church and a square, but this was extra impressive.

Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Then we booked and rushed to some accommodation so I could have a shower and a lie down.

Day 48 - Pegognaga to near Bondeno

Maybe the root of Pegognaga isn't Italian? It seems very unusual and took several repeats for us to get it right. Anyway, it was a bit of a funny town where we stayed in a bit of a funny apartment and did lots of washing.

We soon got back to the cycle path and were speeding along a bit faster than usual! It is flat, which helps, but maybe fitness is finally arriving.

It was probably just the slight tailwind, because we are now feeling very tired! We are having (more) cappuccino and some beautiful pastries, doing some trip planning admin, and considering our options for tonight... We have another warmshowers host tomorrow night near Padua which we are looking forward to!

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Lovely monastery, I believe 17th century.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another larger than average palazzo!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 145 km (90 miles)
Total: 1,945 km (1,208 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Ali JaryLoving your journey journal with all the trials and tribs ! Italy is so beautiful and self determined - in that even small towns seem to hold beauty and integrity and always good coffee and cake ! Good luck with the onward flow mes amies.💚🤍❤️
Reply to this comment
2 years ago