Day 2: Home Again - More Pedaling in Bavaria - CycleBlaze

Day 2: Home Again

No breakfast at our little unpretentious guest house. Our lodgings were not exceptional, but the beds were good, it was quiet and what more do you need for one night. Well, maybe different pillows. The type pillow prevalent in German hotels is a big floppy affair that makes me fear it might smother me while I sleep. I detest those pillows.

We got to an early start and headed for one of those good cafe-bakery-pastry shops that open in time for those people who are up with the birds and want a coffee on their way to work. Breakfast taken care of, we were on our way at an unusually early hour. The ride home was fine, but not as pretty as the first day. We had many straight roads and trails, quite flat, through woods and along train tracks. It just wasn't inspiring. We slowly lost altitude all the way to the Isar and only had a short climb on other bank. From the Isar to Gauting was familiar ground, passing through some small towns and then Forstenrieder Park which is indeed lovely. We were home before noon.

On the road in the morning light
Heart 3 Comment 0
Good mooning!
Heart 5 Comment 1
A nice ride through woods but the occasional car was unpleasant since the road was not very wide.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Karen PoretAnd the car was probably not “slow and go”, either..?
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Many paths like this, created for farming and forestry vehicles, are also designated bike paths.
Heart 1 Comment 0
So pretty, but a tiny bit boring
Heart 1 Comment 0
I'm glad I'm up here and not down there in a car, rushing to work or something.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We are now on the Via Julia, a bicycle route to Salzburg. It runs along historic paths on one of the most famous Roman roads in southern Germany.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Not much variety ...The path now follows the train tracks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Crossing the Isar on the two-level bridge - The upper level is for trains, this level just for pedestrians and bicycles.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Again in home territory, Forstenrieder Park
Heart 1 Comment 0
An information point with informative texts and illustrations about the history of the park when it was used as private hunting grounds by the nobility.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Wayside crucifix
Heart 1 Comment 0
Darn, I wanted to stop at exactly 7,000 km for a photo. Forgot. This makes 1,000 km since March 13.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Karen PoretInteresting! You have the same Bosch unit I have on my Gazelle..
Exception: I cannot get myself to switch over to km from mi. :(
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Summer time
Heart 2 Comment 0
Last lap of our journey before we reach home
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Karen PoretThanks for the “home tour” :)
Reply to this comment
9 months ago