Why Europe Again? - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

Why Europe Again?

The common recurring themes for us are meeting local people, great cycling with dedicated trails, good friends, yummy food, homemade ice cream, beautiful scenery, historic towns, wonderful camping....and did I mention great food, local beer and ice cream?
The pictures say it all.

Our bike has been stored with our German friends near Limburg. We are looking forward to riding our Seavo again, soon.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another huge reason for returning to Europe is to visit with our wonderful German friends Cora, Georg and their family. As you can see we share a passion for recumbent bikes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
So many cycling routes with great signage
Heart 0 Comment 0
Quiet bike friendly roads oozing with history.
Heart 1 Comment 0
German bike paths are superb - riding into Tangermunde along the Elbe River.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We love riding the rivers of Europe.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Food is always a highlight in our travels throughout Europe.

Dutch pannnenkoeken and Ialian Eis (in Germany).
Heart 0 Comment 0
Typical Czech meals - schnitzel and open face sandwiches.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We love the multicultural mosaic of Europe. Too hot to eat inside the local Turkish Doner Kebab shop.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Superb and affordable camping...we had this lake site to ourselves in Czech Republic and the cost was only 10€.
Heart 1 Comment 0

.
.

We keep coming back to Europe for the amazing beer, often unique to the village or region.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In Europe we have the opportunity to see outstanding art museums
Heart 0 Comment 0
Chance encounters with local people are always rewarding.
Our business cards "break the ice" and help to make connections.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our recumbent tandem attracts attention from local people who want to know all about our bike and what we are doing. Mary Ellen has spent the winter going to German Language School so that we can converse (hopefully) in German.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stop and talk to animals too...and yes, she is pedalling on the back!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0