Planning for Europe - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

Planning for Europe

It is 4 years since we retired from Gulf Islands School District, and we are happy to be able to continue our goal of cycling in Europe for 3 months again this year.
Our Seavo tandem, enjoys a relaxing European life as she now lives in Germany with our friends during the off-season. This factor makes the initial planning easy as we know our trip begins with a reunion with our bike and our friends via Frankfurt.

We are lucky to own 2 Rans recumbent tandems, a Screamer and a Seavo. While we prefer the faster ride of the dual 26 inch wheels of the Seavo, we have enjoyed a winter of riding at home on our Screamer. Here we are returning to Saltspring Island on the ferry after riding to Victoria and back on the beautiful Lochside cycling route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hmm...where to go
Heart 0 Comment 0

With the discovery that Air Transat is no longer flying to Germany, we have really struggled with finding a budget flight from Vancouver to Frankfurt. We have decided to try Icelandair as it is one of the few airlines that includes a baggage allowance of two 50 lb. checked bags, as well as a free stopover in Iceland. As Iceland is on our bucket list, we couldn't resist. Our plan is to stopover in Iceland for 7 days, rent a car, explore its geographic splendours and camp. This will give us the opportunity to check out Iceland for a future extended cycling trip.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Mike AylingAnother journal already, I haven't finished reading your last one yet!
BTW are you planning to list your ebike journal here too?

Mike
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Barry BartlettTo Mike AylingHi Mike
Good to hear from you and glad that you are enjoying our journals. Yes, we are waiting for our e-bike journal to be posted. Cycle Blaze is growing quickly and I think that Jeff is pretty busy getting journals online.
This year, we will be returning to Europe for another 3 month trip - over the Alps on the Alpe Adria again (we love that route), northern Italy and Sardinia, ferry to Barcelona and then ride north through Spain and France back to Frankfurt.
Stay tuned.
Regards
Barry and Mary Ellen
Reply to this comment
6 years ago