Heading to Pisa - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

October 17, 2015

Heading to Pisa

We have fallen in love with Siena. The history and charm of this Tuscan hilltown has captivated us. We have been here for 4 days and we could stay longer...we will be back. There is so much more to explore, both in Siena and the surrounding countryside.

Our wonderful host at Casa Laura.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In case you are going to stay at Casa Laura, the only sign for her "Casa" is this small brass plate above the doorbells for the family apts. As long as you have the address, it is easy to find. But it is useful to know that the name of the street changes 3 times within a few blocks!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Laura has decorated the guesthouse herself and she provides this well stocked kitchen for her guests to use. Since we had a fully stocked apartment, we didn't use this area, except to brew espresso and to have slices of her delicious apple cake.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our cozy apartment at Miniresidence Casa Laura.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We love the tiled floor
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waiting for our train to Pisa. We have wonderful memories of our time in Siena.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A small panforte treat, a traditional Sienese treat for the train ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our first Italian train trip, and we think that it won't be our last.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Yummy!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Barry is looking relaxed and pleased with the realization that our 2 hour train ride through the hills of Tuscany would have taken us several days to ride on the bike.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This dog has obviously taken the train before
Heart 1 Comment 0
We have arrived in Pisa after a very enjoyable train trip from Siena.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After getting off the bus from the train station and walking to our hotel we walked right by the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It was surreal to walk through the gate from the busy tourist mecca of shops and touts to this beautiful area.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We really miss our tandem. Panniers are hard to carry without a bicycle.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0