Ferrara-we couldn't resist another day - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

September 19, 2015

Ferrara-we couldn't resist another day

Ferrara has become a favourite place for us - and it seems like that keeps happening for us in Northern Italy. The beauty and grace of these places are enhanced by the relaxed and welcoming manner of the residents.
As cycle tourers, we love spending time in a city whose culture has completely embraced the bicycle as a means of transport and a way of life. All ages, any form of dress (including formal attire and spike heels with tight skirts), any shape or size of person are on their bike.

The castle in Ferrara is so accessible in the centre of town. In fact, the Tourist Information for Ferrara is inside the castle, in the area befiore you pay to explore
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The local police ride bikes too...and surprisingly this road is for cars too.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A tandem is not always necessary as long as you can fit on the bike. Sometimes we see 3 people on a bike.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mario (on the right) is a proud Ferrara resident and he welcomed us to his community. He gave us good advice on things we should see in Ravenna as well.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A special exhibition of vintage cars were in the main square and by the cathedral.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I guess it is a good day to get married and have unique photos taken of the day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
These wonderful Fiats from the 60's are still popular on the roads today. These cars are a special memory for Barry as his family rented one of these during their family trip here 51 years ago...and somehow 5 people fit in this car.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A Fiat van
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltInteresting - I didn't know Fiat made a van!
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
A race car from Monte Carlo
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0