We ride to Frankfurt to visit a recumbent bike shop - A Grand 3 Month European Tour on an E-Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 11, 2018

We ride to Frankfurt to visit a recumbent bike shop

We know of a bike shop called Main Velo on the outskirts of Frankfurt that specializes in recumbents and Barry and I are going to visit them today. This will involve riding 25 km to Limburg, taking the train to Frankfurt and then riding about 10 km to the village of Harheim on the outskirts of the city. This may seem like a lot of effort, but bike shops like this are rare, and we do love to seek them out.

As we were riding to Limburg, we could see just the tips of this deer's ears poking above the fronds. When we stopped to take a closer look, it bravely showed a bit of its face and kept a close eye on us. What a magical moment for us.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Bike heaven for us - Main Velo is a special bike shop, specializing in Rohloff hubs, recumbent and folding bikes. We need our Rohloff sprocket replaced, and they quickly made the change for us while we were there. Who needs a lazy-boy chair at home - Mary Ellen thinks this Ice Adventure trike would work just fine to watch TV.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This lovely couple came to our rescue when we discovered that we needed cash to pay our bill. So often in Europe, credit cards and North American debit cards are not accepted. They drove Barry to the nearest bank machine which was about 5 km away. They each ride Hase Kattweisel e-trikes which help them reach their home which is on the highest mountain in the region.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station) is a busy place. We love this station as every platform is on the same level - no stairs to carry Seavo and our gear up and down!!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Barry and I have had a full and exciting day, and we are tired. Hangenmeilingen is a village we know well and is close to the farm. We ride by this sign frequently, and have finally stopped to take a photo of this pretty sign.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Now, this is a sight we don't see everyday...a farmer moving cows and a bale of hay to the next field. The sounds of the cows protesting caught our attention.
Heart 1 Comment 0
And here they come. The farmer is gently coaxing his girls that it is ok, but they're not too impressed by the experience.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesLook at how clean and smooth that road is, and how neat the town! The cows may have to wipe their feet before stepping out.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Charmaine RuppoltGreat innovative way to move the cows along! :)
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
We love to stop and talk to farm animals when we are riding, but this is quite different. The farmer continues to quietly talk to the cows, encouraging them that all is ok.
Heart 1 Comment 0
And away they go....a new field for the cows and another adventure for us.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 70 km (43 miles)
Total: 3,654 km (2,269 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0