A Ride to Limburg and the Last (for now) Italian Eis of the trip - A Grand 3 Month European Tour on an E-Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 12, 2018

A Ride to Limburg and the Last (for now) Italian Eis of the trip

Cora and Clara have been busy picking currants. The hot temperatures have yielded a bumper crop - and I predict yummy jelly will soon be on the breakfast table. 

We have decided to have a ride today to Limburg. It is such a lovely ride and we really enjoy seeing visiting this medieval gem. 

We store our bike near the sheep barn, and they always come out to see us off.
Heart 2 Comment 0
They have picked the dark blue and white currants. Tomorrow, the red ones will be harvested as well.
Heart 1 Comment 0
In the nearby village of Hadamar is the Italian Elis cafe, San Marco. It is arguably one of the best in the region - so Cora, Barry and I will make a final visit for this year and have a treat.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Barry had the Walnut extravaganza with 2 kinds of ice cream, candied walnuts, walnut sauce with whipped cream and Mary Ellen had vanilla eis coated in white chocolate shavings with freshly made espresso poured over it. Yummy.
Heart 1 Comment 0
And this is how it unfolds - we see the tips of 2 ears, then curiosity gets the better of the deer and its face appears, then after a bit of a stare down, he either sits back down or hops away.
Heart 1 Comment 0
After a great day of riding, eating and visiting Limburg, we came home and were greeted by the chickens...
Heart 0 Comment 0
....and the sheep
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Clara, Cora and Georg looking at our photos of our time together.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 42 km (26 miles)
Total: 3,696 km (2,295 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0