To Lost Trail Hot Springs - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

September 27, 2007

To Lost Trail Hot Springs

Patrick is expecting ice on the tent again this morning because of the clear skies we had last night. But it isn't too cold at all. We eat cereal have a cup of coffee and break up camp. Back on the road heading South through the Bitterroot Valley for the Idaho border.

Another beautiful day, the last if we are to believe the weatherman, tomorrow afternoon there will be a cold front bringing rain. But for today, the sun shines, we have nice views and a slight headwind. We stop in Darby and have a breakfast, then stop again at the Sula store for something to drink. They have remodeled the store it looks nothing like what Patrick remembers it to be. The Medicine tree is also gone, and it seems like they have widened most of the road. We like wide shoulders, there is still quite a bit of traffic.

From our last stop in Sula, it's only another 6 miles to the hot springs at the foot of the pass, but we now have a very strong headwind and it is hard work making progress. Patrick called Oma from the Sula store and told her we'd be home in about a week. Patrick got updates that Oma had bought a new small car, and Linda (Sister) and Rene have put their house up for sale.

We reach the hot springs at about 2:30pm, pitch our tent in a nice area amongst a couple of huge ponderosa pines. The stumps of trees that have been cut down are carved nicely. There is a Lewis and Clark and a Sacajawea. We go to the pool. The large pool is warm, there is a hot tub with even warmer water but it isn't very clean. There's also a dry sauna. We stay an hour, head back to camp. Rachel cooks a noodle dish with vegetables and clams., after dinner we go back to the pool for another dip.

Tomorrow we will be back in Idaho over the pass.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 60 km (37 miles)
Total: 15,310 km (9,508 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0