To Krabbedijke and Ossendrecht: Family visit for 10 days - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

June 7, 2007

To Krabbedijke and Ossendrecht: Family visit for 10 days

As we come through the international doors, we see Linda and Rene. They got up at 4am for the 2 hour drive to the airport to pick us up. The gear is stowed in the back and the bike boxes tied to the roof rack of the car and we are out of the airport.

Just like that, Asia seems like a distant memory as we are driven along on the interstate and see a flat landscape with windmills.

Stopping for coffee along the way, it's a 2 hour drive back to Linda & Rene's house in Krabbedijke and we settle in for the 10 days. In the afternoon, we go to Oma's house, she is happy to see Patrick. She has been worried with us travelling and thinks it's time we go home; we have a nice visit and lunch. Patrick's dad, Franz, joins us and takes us to a travel agent to get our air tickets to Chicago for Rachel's family visit and then onto Anchorage for the last leg home to Boise.

Linda & Rene have a nice older home they've done a lot of work on. The kitchen is very nice with a stove that has 6 burners and a grill, appliances are hidden behind counter doors. Their garden is big, still in progress. We've been up for hours, tired, trying to adjust to the time change.

Go figure, we have a Chinese dinner with the family.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0