To Bednesti Lake Resort: then there were 3 cyclists - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

August 27, 2007

To Bednesti Lake Resort: then there were 3 cyclists

One more storm moves through after the dishes are done, then it seems clear out and the temperature drops. We stay in our tent to read and stay warm. This morning it is cloudy again. It's about 10km to the small town of Fort Fraser where we stop for breakfast at a cafe/truck stop. With pancakes and eggs in us, the next 30 to Vanderhoof go quickly. As we ride into town, we notice a loaded bike in front of the laundromat. We stop and meet Todd, a young guy from Bozeman Montana who worked in a Salmon cannery in Alaska for the summer. He is on his way back to Missoula.

We continue on to the tourist information center to get confirmation our intended destination for tonight to a campground still exists. We dry out the tent and eat lunch. The sun is out for awhile. Patrick walks across the road to get some supplies for tonight. We see Todd leave town. About 10km down the road we run into him again at a rest area. He then joins us to the campground. We pay for the site, and we pitch our tent under a nice picnic shelter.

A nice guy from New York City of Korean descent comes over to talk. He is 71, a retired surgeon who is travelling by himself in a small Honda. He caught lots of fish in Alaska and gives us a big Chinook salmon. We put it on ice and decide to take it to our warmshower host in Prince George tomorrow.

After a warm shower and a shared meal with Todd, we head up to the pub for a beer. The sky is clearing, we see the moon rise and it's getting cold when we return to our tents.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Todd
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are given a salmon
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 90 km (56 miles)
Total: 13,513 km (8,392 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0